Vita Images Internships & Apprenticeships:
We are always in the market for great minds interested in an internship or apprenticeship with Vita Images. Read what our former interns and apprentices have to say about their experiences!
High School Internships:
Open to local Northern Virginia high school students, this provides a unique way to learn about working in the photography or marketing industry. We are looking for high school students who have an interest in photography or are considering a visual communications career.
Our interns help with a variety of photo shoots, obtain hands-on experience, and learn a tremendous amount about photography and running a small business. We expect our interns to present themselves in a professional manner, dedicate a minimum of five hours a week to Vita Images, and be available to work on weekend days if needed.
If you are interested please send an email to email@example.com – Please include your name, contact information, school and graduation class, along with a short paragraph on why you are interested in being an intern. We will contact you for an interview if you meet our qualifications.
This full-time apprenticeship is open to only to college students or recent graduates that are looking to gain professional experience. Apprentices must be authorized to work in the United States.
A learning experience like no other, the Vita Images apprenticeship program gives you a first hand look inside a small (but very busy) photography business and helps you understand the world of a photographer or photo editor making a living in a modern freelance market.
From Day 1 apprentices at Vita Images are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside our visual communications professionals, our apprentice performs meaningful work across a variety of tasks such as photography, photo editing, video, and marketing. We also provide unique opportunities for networking with other working professionals in the Washington D.C. area.
Under the supervision and direction of our owner, the apprentice will assist with the following responsibilities:
• Editing photos for a variety of assignments
• Assisting at photo shoots with lighting
• Preparation of photos for the Vita Images website
• Building photo and audio galleries
• Shooting still photography and/or video at live events
• Brainstorming ideas for marketing with both print and social media
• Experience with photo editing
• Some experience shooting both stills and video with DSLRs
• Ability to work with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and under deadline
• Flexibility and creativity needed
• Knowledge of working with social media and WordPress is a plus
• Ability to go with the flow, a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor
• The length of the apprenticeship is a minimum of two months and a maximum of nine months. We are flexible with start and end dates.
• This apprenticeship is located in Reston, Virginia, a beautiful and eclectic suburb of Washington, D.C. It’s an easy Metro ride into the city but we would encourage you to bring a car to get around easily.
• Wondering where to live? This apprenticeship has a unique twist: you can also obtain room and board in a great 600 sq. ft. basement apartment in our home. Our home backs to miles of woodland trails and is a short walk to the neighborhood pool and tennis courts. Reston Town Center (with an Apple Store) is a short drive away. Did we say free parking too?
• Apprenticeships are available throughout the year: Winter/Spring, Summer and Fall.
Winter/Spring: early January through late May
Summer: early June through mid-August
Fall: September through mid-December
Apprentices are expected to work full time (35 to 40 hours per week) but this can be very flexible, both in terms of hours and days worked. However, during winter/spring and fall semesters, part-time apprentices (at least 10 hours per week) can also be accommodated. Apprentices who also use room and board will receive a weekly stipend during the apprenticeship; apprentices who live elsewhere will be paid on the 1st and 15th of the month.
Apprentices can receive academic credit if allowed by your college or university. It is up to you to provide us this information and the necessary requirements to fulfill these obligations.
How to Apply:
Please fill out this Google Docs form that will give us a better idea of your skills and qualifications. If we think you are a good match, we will set up a Skype interview. Additionally, you can email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – please put Apprenticeship in the subject line.